Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

My in laws flew home on Wednesday. The girls had art class in the afternoon.

Thursday - Choir in the morning, Watched Magic School Bus videos when we got home. Math club in the afternoon and more Magic School bus after that.

Math club was mostly a success this month. Last month - the first month - only one other family showed up. This month there were about 8! It was a little crazy and disorganized at first because I wasn't expecting so many families, but I think it turned out well. For next month another mom offered to host and I asked moms to volunteer to facilitate the different age groups. Yea, delegation! Next month I won't be hosting and I will only have to plan games for one age group.

Friday - We hadn't done "school" since the previous Tuesday due to Grandparents visiting, but it was Friday so I wasn't feeling very motivated. so I made the girls a list of thing I wanted them to do before Park Day in the afternoon. For the older girls this included:

Doing their timed multiplication tests - all facts for Sierra - still... and the "2's" for Kali

Picking out and working on memorizing a poem for our Poetry in the Park event next week.

Taking Baths

Reading

and Practicing their parts for our church's children program.

No comments: