Thursday, October 2, 2008

Monday, Tuesday...

Monday

Read Alouds - still Russia

We combined writing and spelling today and I had the older 2 write a story using their spelling words, but then we couldn't find Kali's list. Usually I make them write the words they missed on the spelling quiz in their spelling notebook right after the quiz, but Kali wanted to wait until later and of course later never came. We tried to put together the list and by that time she was frustrated and didn't want to write a story, so I just had her copy her words in to her notebook again.

Math

Reading - Arwen is getting better with her reading and is starting to read some words the "fast way." It is still a struggle with her because she is so active ( ie wiggly). The other day I played a game with her where I attached a letter or phoneme to a balloon with a post it note and threw the balloon to her and she would say the sound. She loved it. Now only if I had the energy to do that with her all of the time...

Tuesday

Read Alouds - finished our Russia books
Grammar - adverbs
No Writing
Math
Reading

Field Trip - Da Vinci exhibit - Leonardo's inventions from his notebooks. Some were hands on. Copies of paintings. Kali was super excited to see the Mona Lisa even after I pointed out that it was just a copy.

Grandparent arrived at 10pm. Girls stayed up late to hang out with them.

Wednesday - Kali's birthday, Middle Ages group in the afternoon.

Thursday - Watched a panda video that Kali got for her birthday and several Magic School Bus videos before I made them turn off the TV. Grandparents are out touring the campus and I am doing random things. With Grandma and Grandpa here we are on Fall Break...

No comments: