Sunday, January 25, 2009

First week, new schedule

My husband and I left on the 10th for our trip to Hawaii where he interviewed at BYU Hawaii. We had a wonderful time and feeling pretty good about the idea of moving to Hawaii next year :) We got back on the 15th from a red eye flight, so the rest of that week was pretty shot as far as any organized school work went. The girls did do some reading and math at the homeschool family's house that they were staying at. And once we got back they spent a lot of time over the weekend playing with their snap curcuit set.

Although I was not feeling totally ready and organized after the trip, I started school again on Monday. We started using our new schedule and it worked really well. The older girls worked on their independent work in the mornings while I exercised, showered , etc. and then we did our group school stuff, then after lunch I spent about a half an hour with each girl for their private mommy school time.

1/19

Morning school for big girls
Math
Instruments
Typing
Writing - cursive copywork
Reading on their own - K - Magic Treehouse book, S - Harry Potter bk1

Group school - we are working on a poetry curriculum that I was asked to Beta test.

Mommy school time

Kali - grammar, went over math problems that she had trouble with
Arwen - Math, Phonics/reading
Sierra - grammar, went over math problems that she had trouble with

1/20
Pretty much the same as Monday, print copywork instead of cursive

1/21
Also, like Monday except that we went to a performance at the library at 1:30, so we skipped Mommy school time. I had Arwen do math and read with Sierra and Kali. Freewriting instead of copywork

1/22 - Choir. I still need to get caught back up from being gone, so the girls played in the afternoon while I worked on getting caught up.

1/23
same as M, T, W

No comments: