Friday, January 9, 2009

1/8 - 1/9

1/8

The new schedule worked well today. We are still not at "full school mode." DH and I are leaving to go out of town tomorrow, so I had some packing and stuff to do this week. Sierra did her math and practiced the piano and Kali practiced her piano and violin, did her math and read a chapter in the book she is working on before I was ready for read aloud time. We finished the book we had been reading about John Muir. DH is planning to hike the John Muir Trail this summer, so I couldn't resist pick up this picture book when I saw it on display at the library. Then I had the older girls help me address the thank you note envelopes. It was so nice to be able to teach the girls and do something useful at the same time. It seems so pointless to make the kids do workbook pages for things that they can just do for real...

After lunch Sierra read a chapter from the book she is working on. And I did reading and math with Arwen. We didn't get done until 2:30pm, but I did take a long break before lunch. I came downstairs to change the laundry and ended up on the computer - oops...


1/9

We went to the University's life science museum for a presentation on reptiles. The presentation was OK, but the museum is really cool. We went there for the first time at the beginning of December with my parents. The girls wanted to do one of the museum's scavenger hunts before we left and I just couldn't say no.

Then we had to do some errands to get ready for our trip. A good day overall.

No comments: