Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday, September 22nd

Read Aloud/ Topic - We are doing a mini geography unit on Russia. Last year we spent a lot of time studying the cultures of the world via picture books. We didn't get to Russia or the Middle East, so we are finish that up this year before we start our United States studies.
We had a good time this morning reading about and discussing Russia . I got to find out all that my children know about Russia thanks to watching Time Warp Trio. And we had an especially good time looking through a book about The last Russian czar's youngest daughter, Anastasia. We have the Disney movie, Anastasia, but I had no idea that the movie was (very loosely) based on a true story. It was fun discussing how Disney took real facts and changed them around to make their movie.

Grammar - Quotation Marks
Writing - typing stories that they already wrote and edited
Math - Kali - multiplication
Sierra - decimals
Reading time/Phonics for Arwen

Now I am off to take Kali to her violin lessons. While Kali is at her lesson I will be giving Sierra her piano lesson. I am not a skilled teacher, but since we couldn't afford lessons this year, I decided to just help Sierra and Kali continue on in their books from last year.

No comments: